BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
Pre care instructions are designed to limit bleeding and sensitivities during the procedure. Excessive bleeding can result in dilution of pigment or poor retention.
- Thoroughly read the FAQ, Policies, and Pre & Post Care Instructions.
- Fill out and submit the 2 forms sent to you via text or email. The Health and History Form must be submitted at least one week prior to your appointment and the Covid-19 Agreement must be submitted when received.
- We strongly advise that you do not make any social plans for the day of your procedure.
- 24 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE.
- 72 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Niacin or Vitamin E unless medically necessary.
- Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
- If you take fish oil, discontinue use 7 days prior to procedure. You can resume after procedure is done.
- Avoid Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, Nutritional Shakes (Shakeology, etc), "Hair, Skin, Nail" supplements 48 hours prior to procedure.
- Discontinue Retin-A at least 4 weeks prior.
- Avoid Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion or facials for 4-weeks prior to procedure.
- Botox should be done 4 weeks before or 4 weeks after the procedure.
- No brow waxing, tinting, or threading one week prior. It is not necessary to do your brows prior, the more hair the better.
- Avoid booking during your menstrual cycle as it can increase your pain.
- Wear your normal makeup to the procedure. This will help us determine the best shape/shade for you.
- Be prepared for your brows to look a little red and really dark! – don’t worry, they will fade in color 30% +
- YOU MUST NOT BE SUN TANNED OR BURNED. WE CANNOT PROCEED WITH YOUR SERVICE. A sun tan/burn is injury to the skin, as the skin is healing itself it will shed all the top layers. This means the pigment will not stay. Deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE, please plan accordingly.
- There is a 10 day healing period where we ask that you not be heavily exposed to sun, exercise, swim, or submerge your brows in water. Please keep this in mind when booking your appointment.
- We recommend allergy testing of pigment before the planned procedure. You will be asked to Receive or Waive the allergy test when you submit your forms. (PLEASE CALL US TO ARRANGE ALLERGY TEST)
- All your questions regarding the design of your cosmetic tattoo (color, shape, placement etc.) will be addressed by your technician prior to commencing your procedure. We will not start the service until you have approved the design and are ready to begin. Please keep in mind, per the state of Illinois, any body artist can refuse service to any individual, at any time, and for any reason. We want both our client and our Permanent Makeup Technician to be comfortable and willing participants in the service. Our brow technician makes the final decision to microblade an individual at her own discretion.
- PLEASE BE READY FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. We work on a strict schedule and allow 2-2.5 hours per appointment. This includes answering questions you may have, mapping brow, numbing and microblading. It is important that you trust our artistry and work. Do not book your appointment if you are hesitant, unsure, or apprehensive about changing your natural brows. Book when you are 100% ready for your new brows. We understand everyone is a little bit nervous but this creates a safe space for both you and the artist, allowing us to do our best work in creating your new brows!
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT:
Now that we've done our part, it is up to you to take good care of your brows so that they heal properly and keep their color. Here are some guidelines to protect your investment. Aftercare accounts for 50% or more of your end result!
FINAL RESULTS ARE DIRECTLY AFFECTED BY HOW CLOSELY YOU FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS.
There is no down time for Microblading, however, the area may be red and tender and we recommend that you do not plan any social activities afterwards. This is NOT a quick fix beauty treatment and you have to be prepared to endure all the healing stages of Microblading. Please note that your brows will appear darker and more intense than expected for the first few days (30-40% darker). They may also look thicker in shape. This is completely normal as the excess pigment is sitting on top of your skin. This will gradually fade during the healing process. The final results are NOT meant to stay as dark as your brows appear immediately after procedure is finished.
AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Clean brows with a wipe with gentle, sweeping motions every 15 minutes for the first 2 hours. If the area feels dry, tight, or very itchy, apply a very thin layer of ointment after cleaning the brows. Use a cotton swab to apply the ointment, again very gently. (Squeeze excess water off the wipes. They should be damp when wiping).
- After the first 2 hours, clean brows and apply ointment every 2 hours until bed time.
- Days 2-10: clean brows and apply ointment once a day, either morning or night.
- DO NOT WET BROWS in any way. Make sure to keep brows dry while showering (wash hair last, keeping head tilted back so the water doesn’t run towards your brows). Wash your face in the sink, using only a damp cloth to cleanse around the brows. Normal washing routine can be used for the lower half of your face (from the eyes down).
- NO EXCESSIVE SWEATING DURING THE 10 DAYS. This is to avoid an infection in the freshly tattooed area. Remember, sweat and dirt can accumulate round the brow hair, and you will not be able to wash the area properly. An infection can lead to scarring and low color retention.
- NO RUBBING, SCRATCHING, PICKING at the area. Try to sleep on your back as much as possible. Rubbing the brows on the pillow/sheets can lead to premature fallout of the scabs and low retention.
- NO SUN EXPOSURE
- NO OTHER PRODUCTS ON THE BROWS for 10 days. This includes makeup, oils, soaps, or any other products. Remember, you cannot wet the brows to properly clean if any other products are applied, so it is important to keep the area very clean.
Congratulations! You have survived!! You are now able to resume your normal cleansing/makeup routine.
On day 11, wash the brows very gently with mild soap. You may continue to use the ointment if the brows feel dry or itchy. You may also apply makeup if needed. Remember, your brows will appear very, very light and patchy immediately after the scabs fall off. The color will continue to darken over the next few weeks.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS**
Days 1-2 Brows will darken as the scabs form over the newly created strokes. They will appear VERY DARK. Don’t panic!
Days 2-10 The scabs will harden and fall off in chunks. The front and tails of the brows usually fall off first. Let the scabs fall of on their own! If the scabs are not loose, do not pull them off!!
Days 10-14 The brow strokes will look very, very light, almost pasty. This is normal! The strokes will darken over time.
Days 15-30 The brows will continue to darken each week, and will appear patchy at times. Again, this is normal. It takes about a month for the brows to fully heal. Any adjustments to the brows will be done at your follow-up, so don’t forget to book! J
** This timeline is typical, but not definite. If your brows take a little longer to heal, don’t worry. Every skin is different.
CLEAN and EXFOLIATE the brow area once a week to maintain the brows looking fresh. Remember, the strokes are underneath the skin, and if you let dead skin cells build up over the area, the strokes will appear dull and very light. Keeping the skin in the area moisturized will also help the tattoo appear vibrant and dark!